Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Friday, September 23, 2005

I'm a nerd


After going to Fritz's blog, I took the Are you a nerd, geek or dork quiz. Here are my results: You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

78 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 34% Dork

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!


Now, I always figured that I was a nerd, so was hardly surprised when I tested out as a nerd but was surprised that I scored as a modern, cool nerd. Cool? Me? When did that happen?

Well, I guess I'm a nerd officially, now, and damn proud of it.

If you'd like to take the test, here is the linkThanks, fellow bloggers.
  • The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test
  • 2 Comments:

    • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Oof. We gotta get more people over here. More FUN people that aren't associated to any BAD agency. That's all I'm sayin'.

       
    • At 2:00 PM, Blogger kitty said…

      Who are you?

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     
    Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!