Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Just another day in the life of an Ebay entrepreneur


Yippee! My beanie babies sold. Now here is the funny part: I sold them for $8.00 plus $4.00 shipping. Guess how much shipping and packaging cost? $9.00. So less that plus whatever ebay charges for the listing, I'm figuring I made roughly $1.50. Hmmm.

Ahh, that's okay. This was an experiment anyway to see if it was worth the effort to sell the beanie babies on Ebay, and I think I've figured out the answer. If I want to try again, I'm going to have to charge more for shipping, and I can't imagine who would pay that much for the privilege of owning beanie babies. Who knows, though?

On the plus side, I've had two bids on the crystal and there are still 2 days left on the auction. And I've got 10 more glasses that I can still put up for sell. So my chance of upward advancement to the rank of Ebay wizard have increased tremendously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!