Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Preparing for Dragon Con

One of my all time favorite past times is to gather together my costumes that I'm wearing to Dragon Con. I still have all the accoutrements from last year that will be revisited, and have added additional items. My best friend is sewing with her own two hands an officer's uniform that ought to be just awesome, and I've purchased boots to go with it. Additionally, I've bought a black gothic looking dress, and seamed hose to match.


And I've purchased the alcohol for the wicked drink my best friend makes every year. We spend the majority of the time walking around with a plastic glass in one hand, and a goofy grin on our face. Occasionally we offer gin soaked cherries to deserving strangers. The beautiful part of all that is no one is getting a DUI because we walk back to the hotel when we're ready, so there is no driving involved. And there is a Starbucks stand within a short stroll from where I'm staying. That's important, you know.

I'm like a kid at Christmas.

In other worlds, I've FINALLY finished my paper for school, and except for a minor glitch, it has been sent off. So I'm DONE!

I graduate from Boot Camp in two weeks, which also is the first day of Dragon Con. The minute they hand me my badge and shake my hand, I'm hitting the road to get my daughter and her friend, and we'll cram the Toyota with all our bags, and haul ass to the hotel. Pictures may follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!