Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Just call me killer


I killed someone in training.

Not really.

We learn all kinds of fun cop-like stuff in training, and one block of training this past week included arrest team. Which means a group of students go into the mock village at the training facility and pretend to arrest someone. We have people play acting, and they go out of their way to be a pain. We search the house for weapons, for the person, for any other stuff, and if things seem dangerous, we're told to use deadly force if necessary.

One time when I was the leader for my group, I saw my person under the bed. I told her to come out with her empty hands up, and she did, but then dived under the bed and came up with a gun in her hand, and I unloaded. What surprised me was I didn't even think about it, I just started shooting when I saw the gun. Apparently, I was the first one to shoot someone. And don't worry, the guns we use are old .38s with the firing pins removed. Everything is all safe.

All in all, it was stressful, but fun. I've arrested people before, but never had to go out to get someone, and never had to search houses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!