Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Monday, April 24, 2006

How I spent my state holiday


I work for the state which still gives their employees cool holidays, such as today, "Confederate Veterans Memorial Day". Can't beat THAT with a stick.

I played 18 holes today on my day off. Let me tell you, golf is fun. Period.

Of course, I was the worst player. I hit my chief in the ankle with a wayward ball and I hope he forgets about it by my next employee evaluation. Later, I hit into another fairway while a guy was trying to putt, and my ball rolled gently over his shoe. He looked down at his shoe like the golfball fairy had delivered it to him special. I just waved, mouthed "I'm sorry", and flipped my ponytail at him. At least I didn't bruise him, unlike my boss, who was sporting a nice little ankle lump.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Golf is fun...and very hard. Glad you had a good time out there. I still need to take some lessons and have my clubs properly fitted. But alas, these things cost money and that's something in short supply right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!