Cursor by nuthinbutnet.net

Just another day in the life of a public servant

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Angel of Death or What the Hell????


Yet another death had occurred. This is the third person in about 5 months who has died, and I'm starting to think that the angel of death is stalking me.

The death to which I refer is a friend who suddenly developed melanoma and died in about a 7 week period. I wasn't able to say goodbye in person, but I had spoken with her about 3 weeks before she became sick, so I don't have that feeling of overwhelming guilt and regret that I had when another friend died last December. Thank goodness.

What was weird is that I had a dream the day after she died that I went to the funeral and spoke to her while she was dead. As freaky as the dream was, it was also comforting, because I was upset that I couldn't speak to her, and the dream somehow made me feel that I was able to say goodbye like I wanted.






Now the what-the-hell part that I mentioned in the title refers to what happened when I went to the funeral home. I visited with the family, and when I left I ran into her husband. He hugged me goodbye, and while he was hugging me, (which was odd in itself, because we aren't really friends) he ran his hand down my back and fully over my ass. And it wasn't an accidental brush against my hip. It was over the full part. I mean, shit! Who does that kind of thing when their dead wife is in the next room? Eeyuugh.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a creep! And tactless too. At least you won't have to deal with him anymore.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Cut him some slack! He's not the dead one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Please, someone with disposable income. Give me a school grant so I can go to law school!